1. Light weight: Plastic is lighter data, and the relat […]
1. Light weight: Plastic is lighter data, and the relative density is between 0.90 and 2.2. Obviously, can plastic float to the surface? In particular, foamed plastics have a lighter texture and a lighter density of only 0.01. This property allows plastics to be used in the production of products that require a reduction in their own weight.
2. Excellent chemical stability: most plastics have excellent corrosion resistance to acids, alkalis and other chemicals. Especially known as the plastic king of PTFE (F4), its chemical stability is even better than gold, put in "Aqua regia" boiled for more than ten hours will not deteriorate. Because F4 has excellent chemical stability, it is an ideal corrosion resistance material.
3. Excellent electrical insulation function: ordinary plastics are poor conductors of electricity, its surface resistance, volume resistance is very large, with a number of up to 109 to 1018 ohms. The breakdown voltage is large and the dielectric loss tangent is small. Therefore, plastics are widely used in the electronics and machinery industries. Such as plastic insulated control cables.
4. There are noise reduction, shock absorption: In general, the thermal conductivity of plastic is relatively low, equivalent to 1 / 75 - 1 / 25 of steel, foam micropores contain gas, its heat insulation, sound insulation, Better shock resistance. For example, the thermal conductivity of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is only 1/357 of steel and 1/1250 of aluminum. In terms of heat insulation, the single glass plastic window is 40% higher than the single glass aluminum window, and the double glass is 50% higher. After combining the plastic form with the insulating glass, it is used in residential buildings, office buildings, wards, hotels, saving heating in winter and saving air conditioning in summer. The benefits are very significant.
5. Mechanical strength spread and high specific strength: some plastics are as strong as stones, steel, and some soft as paper, leather; from the hardness of plastics, tensile strength, elongation and impact strength and other mechanical functions, It has a wide range of distribution and has a large selection of uses. Because of its small specific gravity and high strength, plastics have a high specific strength. Compared with other materials, plastics also have significant shortcomings, such as easy incineration, low stiffness, low aging resistance, and low heat resistance.